Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Jiman


Job? I am currently the Chief of Corporate and Legal Affairs Officer of Sepang International Circuit. I am also a part time stylist, and a full time fashion freak.

Style icon?
Carinne Roitfeld. The woman is a rockstar.

Describe your personal style Style is all about being individual. It’s about finding out what works for you and taking it from there. I am very much influenced by music. I believe that music and fashion definitely goes hand in hand. When “Hella Good!” by No Doubt were released and I first saw the video, I remember it made me so pumped I had to to go put on something rockin’ and hit the clubs. It was the same when I saw “Honest Mistake” by The Bravery. I always have music on whenever I’m getting ready to go out. It sets your mind free. I have always had a playful relationship with clothes, yet I don’t feel as though I am a victim of trends. Nor do I pore over piles of fashion magazines looking for something to wear. In fact, it would be a film or a song that inspires me. Or even, I might see a bracelet I like, and dress around that.

I build my daily look around Myself and whatever that looks good on me. These days I just stick to my favourite jeans and t-shirt. It’s all about the fit, if the fit is good, it would look good. And I love jackets. I try to wear them if it’s not too hot. Shoes are also important. Shoes are actually the real deal breaker. Get that right, and you'll be fine.

Personal Style quirk? The thing about it is that I am always bejeweled. I love accessories. Rings, bracelets, pendants, earrings - the works. And I like them chunky. So even in dirty old jeans and a vintage black t-shirt, people perceive me as having a “big look”.

Favorite designers? Definitely John Galliano. The man is an artist. His work is like art. They’re so well crafted that each piece of his haute couture collection should be put in a museum for all to see. When he came out with the Egyptian inspired collection, I thought this man was crazy genius. The clothes, the model selection, the make-up, the walk, the music and the poses at the end of the runway, it was all a spectacle. I have never seen anything like that before. It doesn’t matter what you do, just watching that show, it makes you want to be better. And that made John Galliano a hero in my book. I also adore Hedi Slimane and Rick Owens. All fabulous menswear designers.

The first thing I look at in another Sartorialist's outfit ... The fit. And then the shoes.

Favorite stores?
I don't have a favourite. I'm not gonna limit myself when it comes to shopping.

I only buy __________ in Europe. I can't answer this question. I couldn't think of anything in particular.

Most stylish city? Whatever city that I am in. Having said that, I am gonna be in Paris for the first time this December. I have really high hopes for that.

Favorite vacation spot?
My mom's house.

Favorite cocktail?
I don't do cocktails.

Favorite place to search for inspiration?
I could be inspired anywhere and everywhere. My friends inspire the most. I have some of the most inspiring friends one could ever hope to have in their lifetime. It's the reason why I bought my first camera, that is to take photos of my friends. They are all fearless in their own way.

I spend my weekends…
Watching TV. Lots and lots of TV. Hanging out with my besties. I go out clubbing sometimes. And I eat.

7 comments:

artisticklytouch said...

hahahhaha does he know u blog bout him?

Syuke A. said...

of course he does. hes a good sport.

Alex said...

Hi Syuke..

How are you?. Nice to know you :)
My name is Alex and I´m writing from Chile (Southamerica).
I been watching your photo gallery and I must admit that some of them are excellent (Congratulations). Need to ask you a few questions. Do you have an contact e-mail?. My e-mail is contacto2.5@gmail.com
Many thanks
See you,

Alex F.

Syuke A. said...

hi Alex, thanks for the kind remarks.
you can reach me at syuke@yahoo.com
so u ask me those questions.

:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Syuke

Could you take a look at my blog and tell your friends about it too? Especially Sarawakians friends in Kucing? Thanks!

http://thesweatclub.blogspot.com/

The Sweat Spa said...

hey there syuke

we've moved to a new blog, http://thesweatspa.blogspot.com

pete

The Sweat Spa said...

hey there syuke

we've moved to a new blog, http://thesweatspa.blogspot.com

pete