Monday, September 22, 2008

The Interview-From Aziz



Job?

Visual Communicator - styling/graphics/photography

Best Sartorial advice from your parents?

Always iron your shirt.


Style icons

Hedi Slimane, Johnny Depp, Pete Doherty, Carrie Bradshaw, Audrey Hepburn

Describe your personal style
Monochromatic-black skinny jeans, oversize 'pagoda' tee layered with grey cardigan and a bowler hat. And white converse. Comfort-sheek. Im at the 80's phase.


I build my daily look around...
My white tops. Wife-beaters, work shirts, casual shirts, round neck.


Personal Style quirk

I dont like socks but one has to wear it.


Favorite designers

Hedi Slimane, Karl Lagerfeld, Stefano Pilati, Coco Chanel, YSL, Christian Dior, Helmut Lang, Christopher Kane, Gareth Pugh, Aida Saidin.


Most cherished item

Karl Lagerfeld H&M white shirt. Its also a gift from my best mate, Vince.


I feel best wearing...?

A skinny well tailored black suit. Its amazing how one would feel empowering the seconds you put them on. Its like an armour.


The first thing I look at in another Sartorialist's outfit ...

The design and then the fit.


I always break this fashion rule.

Wearing a suit with white converse.


I never break this fashion rule.

Over sized collar and cuffs. Only Elvis can pull that one off.
.
Never caught wearing?

A top with designers label splashed all over it! its tacky!


Most underrated item in menswear?

Wife-beaters!

Dress to impress who?
Moi. When I feel good everyone else's will too.


Shine your own shoes?

Only if I have a pair of shiny shoe.


Favorite stores?

Top Shop for the size and basics, Zara for design and price, H&M for making a kid feels like he's in a candy store.


Your next "must have" purchase?

A skinny well tailored suit. A pair of white patent shoe. Make it Hedi's Slim Suit. To die for!


I only buy __________ in Europe.

vintage clothing


I skimp when buying ...

Trousers


I splurge on.....

White tops and cardigans

Favorite item of clothing

White shirt and skinny jeans


Guilty pleasure

For now? I dont have any. But if I do, I agree with Raja, it would be a pair of patent black shoe


Best cologne, skincare?

Men's scent : DIOR Homme Intense, Narciso Rodriguez For Her, Intuition for Men by Estee Lauder & BOSS Bottled by Hugo Boss.

Skin Care : Banana Boat Aloe Vera Gel


Most stylish city (Milan, Paris, London, New York, other)

London and most probably Tokyo


When I was in high school I wore?

I wore my hair wrong! As far as clothing is concerned, I dont think I've worn anything bad because I pretty much realized I was stylish then. :D, at least I think so.


Sports?

Swimming.


Favorite fashion magazine?

Its on my reading list.


Favorite vacation spot?

Anywhere where I could have fun with my best friends. Its all about the company.


Favorite neighborhood restaurant?

Quan Ice Cream

1 comment:

jasmdea said...

Never caught wearing?
A top with designers label splashed all over it! its tacky!

Ahahah! I love that part!